Feeding Lancaster’s vision is a thriving local food system that is healthy, resilient and fair. It works towards making this vision a reality by:
- Raising awareness of issues surrounding sustainable and healthy food.
- Supporting the development of a collaborative cross-sector food partnership that oversees the development and delivery of a Sustainable Food City Lancaster Action Plan for making healthy, resilient and fair food a defining feature of Lancaster.
- Harnessing local passion and expertise for healthy, resilient and fair food in order to help it spread and grow so that more people, places and organisations within our District can access and experience the benefits that come from being part of a resilient food sector.
- Establishing and supporting projects that develop Lancaster’s sustainable food culture.
Who is involved?
- LESS, a Lancaster based Community Interest Company, employs a ‘Sustainable Food City Lancaster coordinator’ who is responsible for facilitating research and initiating projects and schemes that will help contribute to Feeding Lancaster’s (Sustainable Food City Lancaster’s) vision and aims. LESS therefore works in collaboration with a variety of organisations to do this and sits on the Sustainable Food City Lancaster steering group, food partnership and working groups.
- Sustainable Food City (SFC) Lancaster, a cross-sector food partnership oversees the development and implementation of an SFC Lancaster Action Plan for making resilient. healthy and fair food a defining feature of Lancaster.
- Anyone involved in the growing, eating, processing and selling of local food within Lancaster District.
How to get involved…
If you are interested in supporting Sustainable Food City Lancaster’s work contact Anna Clayton ([email protected]) or visit www.lessuk.org for more details.
Our recently completed Community Economic Development (CED) plan also identifies ways you may be able to help develop Lancaster’s sustainable food economy- as an individual or business. Download LESS’s CED Plan.
To keep up-to-date on Feeding Lancaster visit our:
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/FoodOfLancaster
- Twitter feed: @FoodOfLancaster
- Read our local food column in the Lancaster Guardian